Friday, November 6, 2009

Are you kidding me?

Watch this clip. BYU-New Mexico Soccer Fight


Today in motor development, we were discussing gender typing in sports. We were discussing how soccer is now viewed as both a male and female sport, and one of the students asked me if I saw the fight during the BYU-New Mexico match last night. I had not seen it, so recognizing a great opportunity for discussion, we viewed the video in class. You have to watch this for yourself. I don't know how one person could
1) do all these things to other players and 2) get away with it. You would think by the fifth incident one of the officials would have noticed. I'm not sure which was worse, pulling the girl down by her hair, kicking the ball into another player's face, or punching a player in the face. Just an unbelievable demonstration of how NOT to play the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment