Thursday, January 12, 2012

First Post of 2012













I apologize for the lengthy delay between posts. I got caught up with the holidays and the end of the year and neglected my blogging duties. It was nice to have a break from work and spend some time with the family. Cameron continues to grow at a rapid pace, weighing in at 22.65 pounds and measuring at 28 inches at his 9 month appointment. He is now in the 90% for weight and 50% for height, which is remarkable considering he started out in the 5-10% for both when he was born. He has learned to clap and wave and I'm sure he will take off crawling any day now. I was able to use him as an example in my Motor Development class last semester and hope to use him again this semester in Motor Learning. He is really doing well with his fine motor skills, such as reaching and grasping, but struggling some with his gross motor skills. In addition to Motor Learning, I am teaching Anatomical Kinesiology and Sport Biomechanics this semester. I plan to continue with my ankle research and also begin a couple of new research projects as well. My goal is to blog at least once a week in 2012, which I have already failed to do since it is the second week of the year. I'll be back next week with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment