Saturday, August 6, 2016

Kinesiology and the Olympics and Brett Favre

 Four years ago during the 2012 London Olympics, I did a series of blog posts about "Biomechanics and the Olympics" which highlighted some events and the biomechanical aspects of those events.  I've been encouraged to do that again (by my wife), so this year I'm going to call it "Kinesiology and the Olympics" and broaden the scope some to examine some other aspects of Kinesiology and how it relates to the Olympics.  I'm going to try and analyze some non-traditional events like race walking and hope to do 3-4 posts a week.  I might even have a guest blogger or two.


On another sports related note, Brett Favre is being inducted into the Pro football Hall of Fame this weekend.  Favre was my favorite football player growing up.  I got to watch him play at Southern Miss when I was a kid, watching several great performances including the upset over Alabama in 1990.  I followed his professional career through Green Bay, New York, and Minnesota, and eventually got to see him play in the NFL for the Jets against the Titans.  Last year my uncle, Steve Knight, was inducted into the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame (he has the most wins of any college basketball coach in Mississippi history) and Favre was also inducted the same night.  It was a real pleasure to watch him play although I do feel older now that he is in the Hall of Fame.  Thank you for the memories, Brett.

1 comment: